Thursday 1 November 2012

An everyday moment caught on camera

This is a moment of Everyday Mindfulness I caught today when walking back from town. I would never have seen it had my wife not spotted the leaf and pointed it out to me. How many other events in life do we walk right past without noticing? I wrote this poem about it, and you can see the video here. Mindful Leaf 

Caught on Camera Saved in Memory

Invisible filament
Suspending time for a moment
Small autumn leaf right there
Butterfly spinning dancing
Two metres from earth
Reaching to settle
Debating seasons gravity
Just hanging waiting showing
Caught on camera

Cars go by
People go by
Oblivious to the display
This one-off
Never to be repeated
Performance
Flying in the face of awareness
Just a leaf
For a moment caught on camera

Following your every move
Breath held
Blackbird calls to attention
Plays the tune
You flutter falter
Sliding out of shot
Easing loose
Gently falling
Joining friends on the ground

Uploaded preserved uplifting
Registered
Remembered
Replayed
Replanted
Never far from tree
Now I see
Thanks for showing me
Saved in memory


Colin Eveleigh



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Thanks for showing me - now saved in my memory :-) Sarah (up with Saul!)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share a thought or two....